Tuesday 7 February 2012

July 10, 2004

The day was sunny and cheerful. I had watched as the last bride`s maid left for the church than I sat waiting with my mother for the car that would take us to my destiny. She held my hands as I looked into her eyes and she told me how proud she was of what I was doing with my life, even though it was leadning me thousands of miles from home. She wxplained how she had thought I was trying to distance myself from her, but after seeing me at peace and in love, she was satisfied that my heart was in the right place. My mother then blessed me and prayed over our day and my very near marriage.
We left for the church with a stronger love and understanding for eachother than we had ever experienced as I was growing up. It was the first time I truly felt like a woman.
At the church, I stood behind the curtain with my step-father, watching as the bride`s mades stepped through one by one until they were all out of site. He clasped my hand, gave me the most unforgetable smile I have ever seen on his face, and guided my steps past the curtain.
At that moment, I knew my life was about to change drastically and I would have my own family to account for. Looking up and only seeing him, my betrothed, my love my heart leaped with joy. This is the man I had dreampt about as a young girl, planning my life out in day dreams. This is the man I would pledge my love, respect, and faithfulness to. This is the man that would love me to the ends of the earth, no matter what my come between us.
I didn`t fully understand at that time, the full meaning of the covinent Rhys and I made that day, but a little over three years later, God would open my eyes to the true blessing He placed before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment